If you have looked at the recipe index, you’ll notice that this is the only recipe I have posted so far that belongs in the savory category. What can I say, I’ve got a sweet tooth.
These cashews are from Ina Garten’s Paris cookbook. This is one of the easiest and best recipes you will ever make. These work great as an appetizer and are a really good host gift to bring to parties. Everyone seems to love them. They can be made in about 8 minutes and are good served warm or at room temperature. These, some olives and some cheese make for the start of a very good evening.
- 1 pound roasted unsalted cashews*
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread the cashews out on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt, and butter. Thoroughly toss the warm cashews with the spiced butter and serve warm.
* I get roasted and unsalted cashews from Trader Joe’s.